• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sammy Sosa

crappieman848

What do you all think about sosa being potentially traded to the orioles, pending his physical? I am wondering if he will helpout the orioles with his slugging, because they dont seem to have the best pitching in the world.

just my say anyway-

-Dan

I believe Sosa is the only guy in baseball to hit fewer homers, rbi's and batting average in like 5 consecutive years, he's not the player he was 5 years ago, but still a decent batter, I think he only had like 80 RBI's last year, 35 home runs, but still will help the Orioles. except that staduim gives up the fewest home runs each year and wrigley field is one of the best for giving up dingers. It will be interesting to see his numbers this year.

As long as the Red Sox and Yanks continue to spend like they do, they will still finish no higher than 3rd. Its almost like they have to do something even though they know it probably won't help much in the standings. Overall I think Sosa's numbers will go down. I'll probably stay away from him fantasy wise.

Good Luck to any team, or fantasy league player, who picks up that overrated, whining, cheating, selfish, no-armed steriod-raging induced piece of garbage that littered the ivy dome up north for these many years. I hated the guy when he was a member of my beloved pale hose and I hated him when he was a Cub. I guess I can hate him from afar all the way in Baltimore. I am sure he will be a cancer whereever he lands. Have you tried the Sammy Sosa Candy Bar. You open it up and it tells you how good it is....It also tells you what spot in the order it wants to be! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

He will probably help the lineup batting after Tejada, but he won't get them any closer to the penant in that division. I like how the Cubs are paying almost half of his salary just to get rid of the guy.

Cork + Steroids= Sammy Sosa

I guess I'll be "that guy"...

Personally, I'm not happy to see Sammy go at all. First, as a stats guy, I was hoping to see him finish his career with the Cubbies to see just how high he could set the team home run record bar. Second, if you put aside all of the steroid garbage--I don't like it either frown.gif, but Sammy's hardly the only guy you could accuse--and just watch the game blissfully ignoring all of the dump you hear about baseball beyond the diamond, Sammy is a fun guy to watch. Sure, the fact that he had a lot of trouble getting the ball in play down the stretch this season sucked, but overall, the majority of players in his position would trade their production for his.

Personally, I don't see the arrogance you guys claim either. Certainly his paycheck is too high--is that where this comes from? I think the guy works hard on the field and has never said or done anything to make me think he's a jerk. There is a lot of undeserved hostility toward the man in Chicago. Kind of a "what have you done for me lately?" attitude. A couple of winning seasons have really turned Chicago fans into babies. frown.gif

Maybe I haven't given Sammy the gritty scrutiny I should, and maybe I'm completely naive blush.gif, but as a fan who catches at least 50 Cubs games a year, it's going to take some player to make me care about what's going on in right field this season. Besides, my little boy loves to yell "Sammay So-sa!" when he comes to the plate.grin.gif

I'm REALLY going to miss Alou. frown.giffrown.gif

MT,

I'm happy Sammy is gone. I've heard plenty of stories about his arrogance and I beleive it to be true. Should that matter on the field? I'm not sure if we can gauge the level at which he was disruptive in the clubhouse against how much he helped on the field. I did also enjoy watching him play --once upon a time. But now I think he believes he is bigger than the game.

Here is a part of an article I read in the Chicago Trib by Rick Morrisey about an incident in Baltimore-- he had only been signed a few hours and he acts like this?

"It seems that when it was time for Sosa to take his physical for the Orioles last week, a team employee arrived in a personal vehicle to transport Sosa to the facility.

Sosa didn't offer a heart tap or even blow a kiss. He wagged a disapproving index finger. He said he doesn't do personal vehicles. He would require a limousine. The limo arrived about an hour later, delaying the physical and the ensuing news conference.

Sun columnist Peter Schmuck referred to it as an apparent "diva moment" by Sosa. Some of us here in Chicago would refer to it as bigness as usual for His Samminess."

I think the guy will be out of the league in a few years, if that long. Without roids, this guy is going nowhere.

Did you guys know that a few years back he set up this Sammy Sosa charity enterprise? Mark McGuire gave like a half mil or something. Several other players did, also. Then it came out that Sammy didn't give a dime, and that only his family benefitted from the bogus organization. I guess his sister opened a beauty parlor, and stuff like that.

Good riddance!

cool.gif