• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brushy Creek 1/17/05

Went out and ice fished Brushy Creek for the first time and man was it a blast. The fishing wasn't fast, I caught about 20 blugills kept 8, caught 2 crappies one was huge as it fell off at the hole and the other that I kept was 10 inches, and kept one perch that was 11 1/2 inches long!! I had an Aqua view down and seen lots of fish, perch, bluegill, largemouth bass, crappies and even a big MUSKIE!!!!

Here is an interesting story about the muskie. I was in about 20 feet of water about 100 yards south of the north boatramp and was fishing 3 feet of the bottom. I had a blugill on and he got wraped around a tree branch and got snagged up, I loosened my line to see if he would swim his way out, which he didn't and I hooked the branch. I raised the camera up to see if I could see my hook when I thought I hit a branch as there was something right in front of the camera the I could see the throat opening and gills of the inside of a fish!!!!!!! I jerked the camera and the camera finally stood still and after turning it there was the MUSKIE!!!! HE BIT AND TRIED TO SWALLOW THE CAMERA!!!!! I pulled the camera up since I didn't want him to bite it off and yelled at my dad and his friend to come and take a look. I lowered it back down and it was still there. It swam close to the camera again and finally swam away after 5 minutes. IT WAS HUGE!!! This story is no joke I just wished there was a VCR attached to the aquaview so I could have recorded it.

I can't wait to go back!!!!!