• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can't help but post this

leechlake

I have a 2004 Sabercat, it has had four recalls in one year. I received the fifth today, in a box. They have kindly sent me the part so I can fix it myself. Most of you could probably do this but I'm mechanically challenged. All I have to do is replace the low oil senor. Without boring with the details this involves removing the oil sensing wiring hanress and then properly putting it back on. There is a huge caution warning me to properly do this because if I don't it could "cause the sensor to malfunction and the low oil light will not illuminate. This could cause severe damage."

Please tell me I'm a lunatic for thinking recalls should be handled by the manufacturer. This task, may in fact be easy but if I do it wrong and blow the engine who's taking care of that. I need to be set straight if my irritation isn't warranted, I appreciate your opinions.

leechlake-

You are NOT a lunatic. Bring it back in and make them do it. Then you are off of the hook for anything that happens to it. The service will be documented in your dealers computer system for future reference and your protection.

I just got done dealing with an extended warranty company that was questioning my maintenance records. If its in your dealers computer, they have no argument.

Leechlake, in no way, shape, or form are you a lunitic. Arctic Cat and your dealer both have a responsability to provide service after the sale. Especially on something as new as your sled.

Take it in to your dealer. Make them fix it. Like Hanson said, then the maintenance will be documented which could very likely eliminate bad stuff downt the road.

Plus, now you will see your dealers true colors. Will they take care of you or will they make you fend for yourself. Very important info when it comes time for a future purchase.

thanks for the replies. I just called my dealer and they laughed and said they'd fix it for me. They also are trying to get some work I need done covered by Arctic Cat because my 04 Sabercat only has 136 miles on it. I'm happy with the dealer. It's been covered before but a good dealer is very important. Thanks again.