• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

suspension question

mudslinger64

i have a 97 arctic cat ext 580 efi dlx and i just took the skid frame out and changed the slides and greased everything on it.the tubes took a lot of grease and pushed a bunch of water out of them when i was filling them so it was time,but now that i got it all back together it bottoms out very easy and when it does the track seems to be rubbing on something but i can't see anything and on the 2 rows of lugs in the center of the track are getting torn up on which would the opposite side of them when the drive sprockets would be putting force on them going in the forward direction,i don't think it is from the sprockets because it looks like they might be hitting something on the skid frame when the track is turning forward but i have looked and looked and i just can't see anything.also how much should the suspension compress when you sit on the sled?when i kneel on the rear bar behind the seat the it drops from 19 inches down to 14 inches which is 5 inches right there and i am 200lbs does this sound like my springs are shot?i am thinking they are and when i greased everything up it just freed it all up so it bottoms out so easy but i sure can't figure why the lugs are wearing like they are,thanks for any help cuz i sure need it

Did you drop the tension on the rear springs to collapse the rear to remove it and just forget to crank them back down again after installation??

Track tension alright??

Track alignment from left to right within the tunnel alright??