• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bombardier Outlander Pros/Cons

ScottND

I do not have any expierience with the Bomb.but I read alot of four wheeler info and have to let you know the Bombardier is rated top in it's class!It has great power for a 400,and it has soft suspension for the bumps out on the trail.The only downfall I can see is the plastic racks and it's overall size for a 400?It is almost as large as some of the big bores out there.A four wheeler that is next in comparison is the Yamaha Kodiak 450 with IRS.Nice metal racks,Independant suspension,2 wheel drive-4wheel drive with limited slip-and 4wheel drive with differential lock.Hope this helps! grin.gif

I own the outlander 400. In my opinion, it's the best atv made in it's class and even the 500's too.

The ride is great with independent suspension and it has real 4wd, all 4 tires turn. It is just about as fast as any utility 500 and the fastest of the 400 class.

I wouldn't buy any other atv again. Plenty of power and it rides great.

Ole

Although I don't have the Outlander, I do have a Bombardier Ds 650 Baja. One thing that I see is common with the BRP products is the recitifiers and batteries going bad within the first year. I just replaced the battery with an Odyssey PC545. Much better battery than the stocker and cheaper as well. Have had my machine for 2 years now. Haven't ridden much in the last 6 months because of the battery.

I agree with the posts of the Outtie being the most powerful 400 in it's class and tops out with the 500 class machines. Had the chance to ride one during an ATV Safety course I did in Winthrop. Very nice machine and the ergonomics were spot on.

The 4x4 system on the BRP product is the best out there IMO. They use what is called a Visco-Lock system that allows the machine to be a true 4x4 and have a minimal effect on steering effort. One hold back for me would be the cost. BRP products that I have seen recently are priced higher than the competition. Maybe this has changed by now. But you could almost buy the Kawasaki Brute Force 650 for the same $$$$ from the right dealer.

The plastic racks work great. I used rachet straps to tie a deeer stand down to the racks and they worked great. You can add metal rack exensions if you want to. It is a big 4-wheeler for being a 400, but that's because it was made to compare to the 500's. The size only makes the ride better.

Ole

I purchased an 04 outie in october and have beeen very impressed so far.I went on some of the messge boards to find out problems with this unit and found nothing more then the rest of the brands.The only problem i have found is the lack of aftermarket products available for this brand.Burl.