• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did anyone hear about some fisherman that got caught with over there limit of walleyes on Pelican Lake by Watertown. I had heard a few things, that there where (3) guys that got caught with 11 walleyes over the limit with all of them being over 20 inches and 2 of them over 8 lbs.

String em up. That irks me. It seems that a lot of fisherman have to keep everything they catch just to let everyone know how well they did. Myself, I would be just as happy catching my limit of whatever, throwing them back and not even tell another soul how I did.

Three fined for overfishing Pelican

By the P.O. News Staff

Friday, December 31, 2004 10:54 AM CST

Game, Fish and Parks Conservation Officers Aaron Kahre and Mike Klosowski cited three fisherman for overlimit Monday, Dec. 27, on Lake Pelican, and one of the men was cited for fishing with extra lines.

The three men were found with 23 fish, 12 over limit. They had been fishing all day and had made at least two trips with fish off the ice, Kahre said.

One man was cited for five fish over limit, which carries a fine of $294 and a loss of fishing privileges for one year.

The other two men were cited for three fish over limit, which carries a fine of $134. One of the men was cited for fishing with extra lines, which carries a fine of $124.

Total the men have about $800 in civil expenses, Kahre said.

Two separate tips were received by the Watertown GFP office about the violation.

"If it wouldn't have been for the good information that the tipsters sent us we would have made the case," Kahre said.