• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to go?

beretta

Hey guys, I dont know if this is going to work, but im going to try to give a link to a lake map. if it does work, could anyone suggest a place or two to start looking for sunfish? if you have fished the lake before, i dont need you honey hole. I just thought that maybe some of you experts could suggest a couple places to start based on the map. I dont really know what to look for on a lake like this. thanks for any help anyone is willing to give me. I really appreciate it. here is the link

Just wondering if you ever fish that lake in the summer. I've never been on it during the ice season but fished it a lot over the years I lived in Aitkin. Still one of my favorite lakes. Definitely some nice fish in there. If you get a chance let us know if you had any luck. Also I always heard there were some springs in that lake so be extra careful on the ice.

WHOA! 3 guys from Aitkin in here....jeez this could get interesting. Fuzz when you say nice fish are you talking about the walleyes? I will give you guys a report i think i might try it tomorrow but im not sure yet.

We'll lets hear the story! AS for me, Fuzzyray was the name of a reportedly crazy person who lived next to my friend Mike's house on Lake Milacs. My middle name is Ray and I just kind of inherited the name. When did you live in Aitkin Matt? I don't know you do I?

As for Round Lake. Yah, I was talking Walleyes, Me and my dad fished a ton up there when I was growing up. Always did pretty good and there are some nice sized fish in there. I've seen more than one mountable fish come out of there. Biggest I ever caught was 7lbs. I also have my suspicions that there are some big crappie in there. We caught a few dandies while walleye fishing. I made it up there a few times this spring and did decent. I should make a trip up there and hit the ice.

well i didnt make it out there today. instead i spent the day on a private pond trying to find the crappies. Managed to get 2 that went 13" but that as it. lots of fish on the vex but couldnt make them hit...

Matt, I graduated from Aitkin in 97. It seems like I should know you. That's pretty bizzare that your buddy ended up with the same nickname as me! Anyways, it's nice to chat with some fellow Gobblers. Good Fishing.

Matt, Yah It all coming back to me. I am almost certain I know who you are. Do you remember Tarren Anderson or Zach Johnson? I hung out with that crew. I think you used to play paintball with them or something? Anyways, it's cool to see that you got into guiding. Do you ever fish the St. Cloud or Alexandia area? If so I might see you around! Ben Ruley

Where to go? Geez with Breuer making the cover with fish he caught when I went home, I might have to call North Country Guides and book another trip to get to those monster spots.

Good job Matt!

Beretta,

Have you gotten out on Round yet this year? I've been out in the Aitkin area a few times so far this year but haven't found the time to hit Round yet. Last year I did pretty well fishing the breaks on the west side of the lake for walleye in the late evening. Never tried it for pannies in the winter though.

Hollywood- No I havent. But I think im gonna make a walleye run up there tomorrow night. I heard they are going good up there. I will post a report on this thread if I do get up there. I dont wanna post it in the Aitkin forum cause then everybody and their brother will be up there. grin.gif

Matt-

I would have been out there already but a day or two after you told me where to go my wheeler broke down and there isnt enough ice to drive out there yet and its a pretty long walk to those places from the access. There was about 12" when i checked on wednsday. Maybe one of these days early next week I will be able to get out. I think I met your mom yesterday. I have a class that I go to the hospitol for 2 time a week and I talked to this lady named Deb Breuer. She worked in respiratory therapy. Would that have been here? or another relative?

We did some construction work on Round Lake a few years back.

Everyday for lunch I'd walk down on the residents dock and gawk at the estimated 5+ pound Largemouth that resided under the L-section of their dock.

Walleyes and Bass. That's what this lake is all about.

I lived in Aitkin a few years...Maybe I know you Berretta.

I was told to fish the weeds at night for some big wallys. I still haven't made it there winter or summer yet, but its on my list. sometime this month I will do the lake, and I have a good idea where to fish.

Jiggsticker. my name is Kyle Mlynar. It is very possible that we know each other. I was out on round tonight and did a little walleye fishing. I did pretty good. Got 4 and missed 4 in a 20 min streak. It was wild there for a little while. From 4:20 to 4:40. 18 FOW on the break. I fished til 5:15, didnt have another bite and I had to get going so I left. The ice was suprisingly thin. I had 12 inches where i was at with a 3/4 ton chev blush.gif