• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice in Polk County

Just hearing Wapogasset brings back tons of memories. Used to stay there for a week every year when I was a kid. Probably the best overall lake I've ever fished. Haven't been there in a couple years, getting a little crowded being so close to the cities. Still have friends who ice fish Bear Trap each year.

I'm thinking that alot of the small lakes held there ice yesterday, but Balsam and Half Moon had some really nice white caps on them. I didn't make it over to Round, I was to disappointed after seeing the other ones. Good luck

Gentlemen start your engines laugh.gif. There's a good 4 inches out on Round people are all over there, my guess is there will be house out there this weekend. Balsam and Half Moon still looks a little scarey, but there fishing in the bays. Long has a good 5 inches. There's no snow on the lakes so bring your cleats. We didn't have a bite until sunset, thinking it was to bright. I'll be on Round this weekend stop by and say hi if you see me, green Vinson 4 wheeler and a Eskimo fish house in tow. Good luck and be SAFE, check the ice as you go. it will be different on every lake.

I might be up there this weekend. Where will you be fishing? I have a green 6x8 Sportsman portable. I don't know where we'll be, but if you see my shack stop and say hi.

I will also be up there this weekend. I'll be on foot on the north end of the lake. Tan cabin with white trim and a dark green roof and big trapezoid windows. It also has a white aluminum roll in dock pulled up the hill. I should have my blue fish trap with me as well. I will probably be out Saturday morning & evening as well as Sunday morning.