• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar or Marcum

Gofishleech

If you have a Vex you don't need to drill a hole to find fish or depth, they can read thgough the ice if you pour a little water on the ice first.

You're "cheating" too if you use electronics on your boat.

Ole

I think that's the point, the green makes it so you can seperate what's important from what's not as important.

As for eye fatigue, if people are really worried about it, you can buy a used Vex 8-SLT with the dimmer bulbs used, for a great price from people looking to get new untis.

Again, they all help catch fish, play around with what's out there and you'll be happy with whatever you choose!

Interesting facts on the color blindness Ed!! Good little bit of info!

I also have a problem with color and contacted both Marcum and Vex. Vex has a conversion for $59. that changes orange and green to blue and purple. giving you colors you can see.

Markum said they will address this issue next year.

Sturge

I believe the eye strain for me is not from color or brightness but from the spinning motion of the diplay on the Vex. Like looking into a kaleidoscope for hours at a time. My wife gets along with it fine which makes me very happy. In fact, I try not to say anything bad about the Vex around her as I don't want to have to buy another Marcum for her.

I may be the only one with the eye strain issue. Thought for awhile it was the Schnapps giving me the headache but quite pleased to report that was not the case.

Glad we have options & don't all like the same thing!Boring!