• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does it make sense to get the boat out of storage?

loebs93

I’m just wondering if it's worth all the hassle of getting the boat out for another weekend. I've been catching walleyes off a dock in Southern Mn while I'm at school, but I'm heading home(Wright County) for the weekend and I'm going to try and persuade my dad to take it out for one last round.

Are the walleyes still biting strong or are they waiting for the ice to come?

I'd say if you're heading to the river it's certainly worthwhile as the bite is fairly strong and will only get better as the temps drop. Weather doesn't look bad this weekend either. I'm not so sure about fishing lakes this time of year, but the bass should still be interested in deep-diving cranks. Good luck!

When people talk about the "hot" first ice action. What they are really talking about is the fact that the fish are still on the feedbag from the fall. Ice and snowcover is the beginning of the slowdown with less green plants and lower oxygen levels as the winter goes on.

mm

Was out last night on a Miss. backwater area near home and the two of us got 5 eyes, lost several more all in 1-1/2 hours. Biggest was 24". Going again tonight, tis the season for the walleyes. In other words, it's always worth a try.