• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T'Wolves Home base

buzzsaw

I figured we should start a thread for the T'wolves. I expect a top three finish in the west, I look for KG to repeat as MVP, Denver & Sactown may be better than expected, LeBron James is a product of marketing and Dwayne Wade rocks, If T-mac plays good defense Houston could improve, Dallas can score and it's Minnesota vs ??? in the finals.

Who do you think will finish 1 and 2?

The Wolves will finish with the best record in the West, with SA close behind. As long as locker room issues stay in check, look for them in the finals.

Here is my trade prediction-

If Spree continues to be an I D I O T, and causes problems with team chemistry (which he already has by getting Sam to be a D O R K about his contract) look for the Wolves to put together a MONSTER trade. I'm thinking Cassel, Spree and Candy Man to Jersey for Kidd and Zo.

Before ya get all worked up, here's my reasoning-

They are waiting to see if Kidd can come back healthy and if Zo can play as well. When Zo is healthy, which I think he will be, he is a MUCH better center than candy ever will be and he wants to be traded BADLY (he almost came to Minnesota anyway before Kidd talked him into comming to Jersey, which at the time worked out because we wouldve been stuck with him without a center due to his kidney transplant). Sure the Wolves would be taking on a lot of salary, but could you imagine having a starting 5 of KG, Wally, Kidd, Zo and any of the bench players depending on the match-up? Thats 4 all stars with your choice of T-Hud, Hassel, The Mayor, or Griffen. Throw in Johnson and Mad Dog to back up Zo and they would have the toughest team with one of the deepest benches in the league.

It would be a last minute trade since they need to see if Zo can handle the minutes and if Kidd can come back at near full strength. The only way this does not go down is if Spree keeps his mouth shut (doubtful) and Cassell does the same (more probable than Spree, but still doubtful). It would shake up the team, but Kidd is VERY good friends with KG so it might not be too bad.

Hi Tom, I just said top three so I ouldn't be setting myself up for a letdown. I expect it to be us or San Antonio. As far as a trade goes... I've heard pretty much the same talk that you mentined but I believe it'smore likely that we package Hudson and Szcerbiak somehow in a trade for Kidd and somebody else who's salaries match up. I guess we will wait and see... if they keep winning it may be hard to change things up.

Trading Wally would be bad. Besides, if you look at it from Jersey's side, by getting Spree, Cassell and Kandi, that would free a lot of cap space in a year or two so they can pursue a big name to go along with what they rebuild in the process. I also doubt Taylor is going to give in to either Sam or Spree and give them what they want. Spree is going to learn after this season how much money he can really get and the longer he stays on this team the more of a cancer he will become. I think the numbers come out pretty close as far as cap money if you dump Spree, Sam and Kandi for Zo and Kidd. There might need to be some other stuff, but not sure of where to look for the exact numbers.

I would like to see that trade. I think that this would make KG even better than he is now. I can't imagine Kidd dishing the ball to KG--could be unstoppable! As far as the Candy Man--he is only a part time player anyway--would much rather see Zo in a T-wolves uniform.