• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how to get divers mounted

The bufflehead I had mounted is flying toward you w/ just a little angle to the side, wings cupped, feet down. There is then a piece of driftwood sticking into its back end and we have it hanging up high on the wall. Looks really sweet!

If you are patient enough, I can get a pic put up Thansgiving weekend when I make it up to my parents house.

Any opinions out there on mounting Goldeneyes?? My brother has a gorgeous pair. I think he wants to fly them but he can't figure out how he should do it. If you have them banking away, you'll never see all the color in the wings.

have one flyn' in cupped and make it seem like like the other one is just joining in so you will see both sides of things. hard to say how but I can see it in my head whatta sight. however you mount them they will look cool together.

Hanson- I'm getting a goldeneye done and I'm getting it done as a flying mount...the wings are gonna be locked I think, with its head turned a little to one side I guess..

set the drag- I shot a beautiful little Bufflehead today on the river...flock of 11 presented as a passing shot and there was only one drake in the group....took 1 shot to perfectly extract the drake and I let the others go. I think most people get these mounted in the preening or resting position, but personally I think a diver looks best when it is in flight or locked up....your call though.

wdw / sartell angler

I have a Buffalo head mounted standing on a piece of driftwood and this made a nice mount. I have many species of ducks mounted in many different postures, but the best ones in my opinion are the mounts I have where they are cupped as if they are coming into the decoys. Best of luck on your mount as it will always be a trophy no matter how you decide to mount it.

first off, SA......we have got to hook up..........

secondly, my buddy has got a pair of buffies, they are cupped and coming straight off the wall........he has a lot of real nice mounts and i would say that a resting position just would not do the buffie justice.

SA....are you having jerry in sartell do the goldeneye for you?.

Here's a pic of my drake bufflehead that I shot 2 years ago on the Bowstring River. It doesn't show it, but he's banking away from the wall. I think diver's look good either flying or sitting/standing on rocks. Do some web surfing and you'll get some great ideas!

IMG27.jpg

Brian