• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best possible hat

Ice-9

i've got a Seirus fleece - baclava......thats the name, seriously....lol. it's what i wear for all the cold season sports, you can wear it over your nose or under the chin, or you can just wear it down around your neck. it is very warm and dries fast. it also has a draw tite string to adjust the size of the face opening.

What kind of hat do you like- fur, brim, snorkel parka type, sports maneuvering- ie: snowmobile/skiing or just sitting/standing around? Hoods, ski mask, dog sled suppliers. Flip flaps?

Someone may be able to custom fit something to suit your tastes. I used to go to Goodwill and buy fur coats, made thirteen hats for Christmas presents one year... thinsulate and fleece inner lined... muskrat, sealskin, rabbit, etc... they were patterned after a simple helmet liner. Often got too hot! Also made boots one time, stood about two inches higher, weighed less than a half a pound apiece, feet never got cold.. ice fishing, no house -40/ with 40 mph winds on Lake Superior...over twenty layers- insulation, wool, polypropylene, thermal reflecting blankets, leather, fur, etc.

When I was in Russia I brought home one of those Russian officers fur caps as a gift. Now I'm kicking myself for not bringing one home for myself! They are sort of like a troopers hat with the fold down back and earflaps only they are bigger and made of real fur. Mostly fox fur. They are incredibly warm!!!!!!!!!! grin.gif