• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand auger on a power auger power unit

Nuge'sBloodBrother

I don't see that it would be a problem. But I myself wouldn't do it. But any of the major auger company you can but just a bit for the power head. I might be leary of using a hand auger bit because they are lighter weight usually. Also make sure you know what way the power head spin. If it is a jiffy powerhead they spin counter clockwise and Eskimo and Strikemaster spin clockwise. Just something to keep in mind as you are looking for a bit.

i would check to see if the blades and shaft were designed to handle the torque and pressure of a powerhead............also, i think the cutting angle of hand auger blades and power auger blades are different.

A friend of mine has been using a 7 inch Mora hand auger blade on an Eskimo power head for years. They aren't built as heavy as the power auger shafts so you have to be careful not to lean on them too hard. He thinks its a great setup.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

If you are using a Nils Master auger it works great. It easily changes from power auger to hand operated auger.