• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is yor favorite tent camping area??

jbjr

We have not used a tent in some years but when we did we just loved to camp at the Upper Sioux Agency State Park At Grante Falls and we were able to camp right by the Minnesota River. We still camp at the park just in a different part and use a camper.

Catfish1

We cant get enough of Voyageurs park boatin sites. Spent an average of 20 days there each summer (22 last summer) on kab,Rainy and Namakan. I've decided when i retire i'm gonna live on a houseboat up there 4 months a year smile.gif

xplorer,

On Rainy, over by Blueberry Island there is someone who is doing that right now. There is a houseboat site in a small bay, and another small bay next to that. Two years ago we were exploring the shoreline, trying to get out of the wind for a awhile (4 foot swells). Anyway, we come into the bay and there is a small floating house, which consisted of a bunk, small cooking area, two chairs, and a landing area. This thing was not going anyway, the dude was obviously staying there permantly, or when he visited. We were back again this summer, and the thing was in the same place.

I am always a giant fan of whitewater, we have some property right on the stream. It is a great morning when you can get out of your tent grab a pole and fish 10 feet from the tent. how much i love summer, but i am itching for ice fishing like you can't belive.

bottomfeeder,

Just looked back on this thread. I know a guy and his wife (both teachers) that have a houseboat out of Crane Lake and they spend a couple months up there every summer. I met another guy who was doing the same thing on Namakan.

I think I'd spend one year on Rainy and the next on the Kab chain, and back again grin.gif

I like everywhere in Superior National Forest. The free campsites taken care of by the Forestry dept. They usually have 3 to 6 campsites at each area. Many of them have pretty good grass compared to all dirt. Each site typically has the usual, one fire grate, 1 picknick table and 1 inclosed toilet for the group of sites. I like this better then 100 camp sites. Too many people for me. Usually these sites are at a lake and usually there are plenty of other lakes near by and It is fun to explore all over. The only thing they are laking is like when your woman asks you where the hot shower is, you hand her a bottle of bio-degradable soap and point at the lake. - northman