• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cutting off antlers

That's a good question, I seen a giant buck along the road one night and was afraid to pull over and do just that, about an hour later I drove by again and someone had done just that. I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone here will.

I dont see why it would be an issue. Honestly, I have never thought about it, but what would be illegal?

If you find sheds you can keep them. Having the antlers in possession wouldn't be any issue that I can come up with.

Now, if you saw a buck off in a field edge or off the road right of way that was dead, and you wanted the antlers. You could be tresspassing. Thats about the only thing I can think of.

I always thought you needed a registation tag to transport any part of a deer. And about the road kill- I personally wouldn't want the busted up animal for meat in my freezer. But a nice ten point rack with mass and height and spread would look nice on the cabin wall.

In Wisconsin, for car killed deer you would need a valid car kill deer permit, which would cover most deer you would see dead along the roadways. And for finding a dead carcass in the woods, I would say call your local warden and inform him or her of it so you can be issued some sort of tag, etc. Then there will be no misunderstandings of how you came into possession of the antlers.