• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A thought on Crappie USA

Thanks for the post Pro Crappie Guide Guy,
A thought that I had reading your post about Crappie USA not coming back to MN this next year.
Water clarity is one of the things we look at when choosing lakes for the MWT. We try to find lakes with less water clarity for it should improve a day time bite. With tournaments being held during the day we try to give the angler every edge we can give them. Most clear water lakes are also night bite lakes. I've never been on Farm Island Lake but it sounded like a very clear lake.

Look at the 2003 schedule. Are they going to some new areas instead. I know we can't be at every lake that is suggested to us. Are they rotating? When was the last time they were not in MN?

Just a few thoughts.

PoleBender

------------------
Tom Miller
Tournament Director
Minnesota Walleye Trail
www.polebender.com

I understand on giving anglers the best possible chance, however it IS a tournament and should present a challenge.

My partner and I managed 28 Crappies total that day, while the winners of the tournament made an even 10 (total kreel limit) They won by .12 of an oz.

PCG

[This message has been edited by Pro Crappie Guide (edited 12-30-2002).]

PCG, if you fish like I do, every time out is a challange. Ya I hear the thing about it IS a tournament. But you were catching fish that day. And a very close finish. What I'm saying is that over the long the long haul, you have try to keep the natives happy if one can.

Did you check their schedule yet? How often per year did they have a tournament in MN? Don't they have an event on Minnetonka every year?

PoleBender

No, they have never been to Mn before, and the schedule does NOT bring them back.

I was under the impression that MN would be added to the trail from the pre-tournament seminar, however it was at that time when the regular tournament anglers of the region voiced their discust about the tough conditions etc. So I can understand due to lack of interest by tournament anglers they would not be back...

So...Can we start a Minnesota/Wisconsin Crappie Tournament trail of folks who are conditioned to the challenges of angling that the fresh waters of the states bring?

PCG