• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone been out?

Its public lake just west of Belmond about 5 miles If you dont know where belmond is its north of ames and south west of mason city. Mainly youll catch perch especially bye rocky point. Not a very big lake maybe 50-70 acres. I went out today caught 15 in a couple of hours but toda was slow need some better ice. Try it out sometime its a great lake I go out everyweekend and do well. Good Luck.

Dan

Hey guys wondering if anyone has hit the hardwater yet ive managed to go out twice on Morse lake in NW iowa and ive gotten probably between a dozen and half and 2 dozen both times so not bad. Im just happy to get out after waiting all summer. Tell me how youve been doin and what lakes. Good luck

Dan

The lake is not deep a all the deepest ive ever seen was 10 ft and that was out by rocky point and the cove. The good ones are usually between 12-14 inchers real good eaters. youll catch alot of smalls too but i dont know of any lake you wont. It would be worh the trip i fish there every weekend I live a half a milke from it so if theres fish im there. If its a slower day there are alot of other good lakes around to fish too. Hope this helps good luck.

Dan

doggy,
went out yesterday after the storm came through and i caught alot off and on but 400-430 came around and i tell u what the perch wher great i was hauling 13-14 inchperch that were as fat as my hand it was awsome. the ice has only gotten thicker its mostly 4-5 inches where ive fished so its safe. It would be worth ur time to try and head this way it was great.

Dan

well you talked me and a friend into it , smile.gif gonna make a run from waterloo ,our goal is to try 5 new lakes this ice season and this will be the first ,ill be passenger in a black extended cab ranger if your out there ,slabs

ill be there i have fish trap guide ill be out there all day im goin to try and go off the point there is alot more vegitation there and they seem to like to hang there but there are fish right off the boat ramp thats where ive caught all mine so far. Have to see what i feel like in the morning. I also have torun to town to get some minnows so well maybe see u tomorrow. Hopefully itll be good.

Dan

Went to Morse lake this morning got a bunch of small perch,very shallow lake ,then went to little wall lake ,lots of small crappies (4 inches of ice) Berkley I think we saw you but you were on the point and we were leaving ,we will give it another try some weekend ,there has to be nice perch in there ,it was great to get back on the ice anyway ,next weekend vikings game so good luck to those fishing ,Slabs

Went to Lost Lake (spillway of Big Creek). 3" max of ice. Cracking while we walked. Kind of scary. There were about 6 others out there. Most had a couple of gills, we caught 2 crappies and a small walleye. Good to get out, but I'd wait for thicker ice. Whatever you do, don't go in the dark, you could see where a couple of the springs were.

I am heading to Lansing in morning going between bridges.Then to Black Hawk.Saw people on south end of green lake if that is name across from bait shop.Lots of people just on north edge of Stoddard.ICE JOHN FISH ON

I went to Stoddard just north oftown awesome fishing.Got my limit in 2 hours time.Used wax worms and BIO BAIT it worked real good.Going pond hopping tomorrow around home.Fish size8 to 10 inch.ICE JOHN FISH ON

rodbender Yes I do live in Storm Lake. A good walleye bite would be nice but am afraid that with the shap population the going will be slow again this winter. If ever coming back to storm lake leave a post here and we can try to get together

Fished Morse w/my dad saturday, noon-5pm. Caugut a ton of perch, but all very small. Biggest was under 8". Ice was 4-6" and made the beautiful popping sounds of making more ice all day.

Was on the Interstate Park Pond(I35 and Hwy3) today....6" or more of ice where I was at and caught lots of fish. Small gills, small perch, and small crappie. Crappie ran around 10" and smaller, gills under 7", Perch 8" and under.

ITS GREAT TO BE BACK ON THE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!

goody

Haven't been out yet. I was wondering if anyone from eastern Iowa has been to Volga lake ? That usually gets safe fairly early. Eager to get started and catch some panfish. Good fishing and be careful on the ice.