• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mille lacs deer, la qui parle

USPENAMC

HAS ANYONE HUNTED MILLE LACS AREA FOR DEER.
I DONT WANT A TROPHY I JUST WANT MY FIRST DEER,BUCK OR DOE DOESNT MATTER JUST A MATTER OF GETTING THE 1ST ONE DOWN, SOME MEAT ON THE FREEZER AND SOME OF THE JOLT OUT OF ME. I PLAN ON DOING SOME SLUG HUNTING THERE THIS YEAR. IF NOT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY LAQUI PARLE WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK
ANY ONE HAD ANY LUCK IN THESE AREAS I DONT HAVE A STAND SO IM PROBABLY JUST GOING TO WALK AROUND AND TRY SOME STALKING OR SITTING AROUND. WILL PAY IF YOU HAVE LAND AND CAN LET ME HUNT.

HMMM ...

I tried to help out someone recently with some hunting land and they claimed they were going to stop around to scout it out... I have already harvested a buck from the area this year and seeing more deer daily.

Its too bad that person decide to block me from their email and ignore me vs. saying they couldnt make it around.

Oh well .. I guess thats what you get when you try to help some people.

Have never hunted the mill lacs area, but I do a lot of hunting in the lac Que Parle area with bow. I'm not sure you can hunt the refuge with shotgun, but I know you can with the bow. Did see quite a few deer there last time I was there which was about two weeks ago. Were you talking about bowhunting or slughunting? If you'd ever like someone to show you around the lac Que Parle area, drop me an email, I'd be glad to set something up. You can reach me at [email protected]

To All,

I would like to apologize to FISHER DAVE, yes i am the one he is talking about. I would like to say he has IN MORE THAN ONE TIME extended his sincere help to me. I however have not been able to be on the internet due to some viruses and lack of money to fix it. i havent had any activity in this forum since about 1 month or so just this thread i put up. I never did block his name my mailboxes were full both my junk email one and the regular mail. But I do apologize for the misunderstanding in all this matter and i make it publicly heard to express my sincerity in this matter. once again Fisher Dave I am extremely sorry.

thank you all,

David

I used to hunt the Mille Lacs refugee from 89 to 99, hunted about 5 miles in from the parking lot at Dewit Pool, east side. I had good years and bad years hunting up there though. Years when you couldn't get doe permits were though but I had a party of 6 and we usually seemed to get 3 or 4 deer yet. On an average opening day when I hunted up there I would see 10 to 20 deer. The second weekend was like ghost ville, nothing to be found. My advice would be to get a good compass and a refuge map, and do a lot of scouting. One other thing though is keep an eye open where you are at, there are places that will make your compass spin continuously. Good luck.

Kevin

thanks for the info rick Im planning on going a bit farther up and take a trail that goes to the old unused rail road tracks
and sit along the edge of the tracks near a tree hopefully on an elevated position and see if i can see a deer passing by or eating along the tracks. What kind of terrain is it in mille lacs do i need waders or just real warm clothing. I have waited to buy my overalls or waders for this reason until i see the terrain. how is the competition out there and did you sit on a stand or did you walk around and tried to find the deer by stalking.