• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lunker??

no, not recently. My friend went down on sunday caught 3 carp and a quillback. Baseball practice has halted much post-school fishing, but Ill try to get down there friday, sat, or sun. Weather will be odd, but ill still try. Ill post when I go. You been down there?

I went down today, nothing happening. I think probably due to the cold weather. I think Big_D was down there with 3 others, and got nothing as well. I'll probably hit it up once this weekend, then'll drop a post.

Yeah that was me down there. We didnt catch a thing after you left. We would have stayed down there later but we had to get out of there to go to the Twins game. I might try down there again but I am not sure yet.

------------------
Big D

yeah that was me pulling in with a buddy from school, and that was my brother and his buddy that were down there when you left. We got skunked as well.....i cant remember the last time i got skunked down there. but all was not lost we went and caught some golden shiners for fun out of that lake in Central Park in roseville

------------------
"A dislexic agnostic insomniac lies awake at night wondering
if there's a dog."

I've been skunked the last three times I've been down there. All three times were after the melt, and the water is always different, and the bite is pretty spotty. Is that spot good during the summer? Will the water out of the sewers be colder or warmer than the river during the summer?

it is normally an amazing spot during the summer. The water coming out of the sewer is normally cold. And we usually catch a lot of smallies and a couple larger northerns.

------------------
if there's a dog."

Lunker-- I'm a bit afraid of that Sewer from what you told me eariler.. I wouldn't go down there unless I had a few cans of mace and a nightstick....

Have you been doing anything on Blackdog? If it warms up this weekend, like it's supposed to I may head down there. Heck.. the place is 5 minutes from where I work.. with DST on I could meet you down there even for a couple hours after...

I haven't been down to blackdog for a while, because when it got cold again I couldn't catch anything there. However, with this warm up coming, and my four day weekend coming up, I'll most likely head down there once or twice this weekend. Maybe the bite will heat up with the weather!

As far as the culvert goes, I don't mean to imply that you must have a death wish to fish there. I am very comftorable fishing there by myself, but am always wary and armed. But I stay that way any where I go in the city. It's been slow recently there, so ill probably opt for black dog this weekend.

I wouldnt be afraid about going down there fishing I am down there all of the time and I have never been approached by anyone down there. The only reason that it was posted to bring a knife when you go down there is for your guys saftey. I just try to stay away from anyone who looks wierd walking around up there. If your afraid to go down there alone then go with someone else. If you post when you are going to go down there me or Lunker have been down there the last few weekends. If teenagers will go down there alone then you guys should be able to.

Bobb-o what do you catch the northerns and smallies off of? The person who showed me the spot said that it isnt good during the summer. How far into summer do it usually start down there?

I might try down there this weekend if I have time after my baseball game and before work.

------------------
Big D

we caught most of our fish on Rat L Traps and rattlin rapalas. although my brother did get a few from deep inside the sewer with a jitterbug. It usually picks up if it rained a day or two before and then it gets really hot. If you guys have ever seen it when it is really low, there is sort of a half moon sand bar about 50 yards from the mouth of the sewer the fish always seem to sit right on top of that.

------------------
if there's a dog."

crawlerman, i was talking aboot the smallies and carp :-) but yes you do snag a lot of carp on accident and it is a blast trying to reel in a foul-hooked 10 lb carp

------------------
if there's a dog."

I was down there this afternoon between school and practice. Fished for about 20min and didn't catch anything. The sandbar is visible again, which was fast cause it was under water this weekend. I don't know when I will go down again, but I'll probably hit up black dog this weekend.

I got my first two carp of the season today out of a local pond thats full of them. Only 4lbers, but they are fun on lighter tackle. I might head down to Blackdog this weekend; maybe for a little bit on Sat; if not Sunday...

Lunker,
I found the carp below the ford dam. See my post on the Pool 2-9 forum. My buddy caught 5 and missed a few in an hour and 1/2. I think the key was mono for line as the water is pretty clear. I didn't get bit as much as he did since I had fireline.

Did get a little walleye though on a jig n' grub.