• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New bow

eyedr

I am just starting the process of upgrading my bow. I got into an entry level bow at a lower poundage and now I want something  faster thatI will shoot for a long time. I will go and check different bows out and shoot them all to see which one feels better. I am just starting the process and currently Iam looking at a Hoyt faktor 30 or 34. I don't have the coin right now to pop for the new high end stuff. I just want something that's quiet, not slow, and something that stays tuned for a long time. I'm not brand loyal at this point I just want longevity, reliability, accuracy, not in that order. I know there is a million threads like this already, I have read most of them. I am trying to find a nice used bow in the 500-600 dollar range. Any input would be grately appreciated! 

If you know your draw length and the poundage you want to shoot, there's a ton of really nice used bows out there in that price range. I got a one year old Elite E35 late last summer for $550 and absolutely love it.  Also most archery shops will have some used bows that you could try out. Otherwise go to a few different shops, tell them your budget and see what they have on hand.  Good luck in your search.

I was in my local bow shop a month or 2 ago getting some work done on my old bow and I was talking to them about used bows.  They said they don't get as many used as they used to but what they do get tend to be the high end bows from guys who upgrade every year or two.  For the price you're looking at you may be able to get into one of these higher end bows that are a few years old.  You may have to do some looking at different shops and call around to see what new inventory has come in from time to time but if you're patient you might be able to score a sweet deal.  

I know thats the route I plan on going.  I just need to save up a few more dollars before I can make the jump up to something nicer. 

If you do end up buying off of hsolist and you don't have a lot of experience with working on bows you may want to have the seller meet you at your nearest bow shop and have someone there look the bow over for any issues before you buy.  That way you aren't surprised with any repairs or any issues with getting the bow set up for you. I'm fairly new to archery so I have to lean heavily on my local bow shop while I learn the ins and outs.  Luckily I have a good shop 5 minutes from home.

Edited by nofishfisherman

All the main bows have lower end bows in the price range you are looking. I don't like the word lower end because these are all great bows and would be something you would like. Go and shoot a few of them Diamond bow(Bowtech) Mission (Mathews) ,Hoyt Powermax. I think you can get these bows packaged deals and in the price you are looking for.