• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No.8 Tackle Co. Rods?

RuddyDuck

Anyone ever try the BlackOut or HellBent rods from these guys?  

Never heard of these guys until I seen some at Gander, but guess these are the budget rods from 13 fishing. For whatever reason they gave them a different company name.  I just bought a Hellbent casting rod and it seems decent for a budget rod. Mostly only see reviews on the Blackout rods and see some good and some bad about them.   Curious if they are made at the same place as the Omens.

Edited by RuddyDuck

No8 has a 1 yr warranty on manufacturing defects it says on their page. Spend a little more and get an Omen. The new Omens Gen2 are nicer than the original Omens. Really nice rods for $100-$120. The Omens carry a 5 yr warranty, might be worth the extra money and peace of mind.

14 hours ago, Jeff13 said:

No8 has a 1 yr warranty on manufacturing defects it says on their page. Spend a little more and get an Omen. The new Omens Gen2 are nicer than the original Omens. Really nice rods for $100-$120. The Omens carry a 5 yr warranty, might be worth the extra money and peace of mind.

I have handled the Blackout rods a few times and they feel decent for the money. I wound up pulling the trigger on 2 omens last year and they seemed to perform well. I liked how light they were. I was curious if the Gen2's were better or not. I recently purchased a Green Omen that I'm excited to put a bend in!

Do you guys have any problems with the Omen Guides bending very easily? I loved the lightness and sensitivity but my guides kept bending and then break. I sent it back and got a new one but had the same problem again. I'm not the easiest on tackle for sure.

Yes Lals I have had that issue. I've actually had 3 Omen rods break including an Omen 2 7ft MH. The other two breaks came from the 7'3 M. The last time it broke they sent me the new Omen 2 7'3 M. The 7ft MH broke down in El Salto trying to horse a 5lber out of a tree. The thing snapped right in half. Sent it in about a month or two ago. Haven't heard back yet.