• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs Smallie group

RuddyDuck

I don't get up there myself, but I know a lot of people on here do. Came across this the other day and thought I would share it. Hopefully this group can help with some of the regs and get some common sense going up there.

http://www.millelacssmallmouthalliance.com/home.html

What's your thoughts on this group for people that already now about it?

Edited by RuddyDuck

I'm surprised nobody has jumped in on this. They seem like a good group, it's my understanding that the money goes towards signage at launches, resorts and spots in the newspaper promoting catch and release for smallmouth bass. They really do have the lakes best interest in mind and I don't think anybody gets a salary from the membership dues. They also recently partnered with the MN BASS Nation, and if you become a member and mention you are part of MN BASS they will kick back 10% of the membership dues to the MN BASS Youth Alliance.

They had a booth set up at the NW Sportshow and really explained their mission goal and what the money goes towards. Frankly, if you fish Mille Lacs for smallmouth bass you owe it to yourself to become a member, they are doing some really good things. Just google Mille Lacs Smallmouth Alliance

This group was formed to Preserve, Protect, Maintain and Promote the Trophy Smallmouth fishery of Mille Lacs.

Any questions you have I would be glad to answer or get answers for you.

I played a small role in the forming of the group.