• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand drill bit size for Clam and Eskimo ice anchors

MidCoast

Anybody know what size drill bit is similar to the Clam and Eskimo ice anchors? I wanna use my hand drill to drill in to the ice first before using my Clam and Eskimo anchors....... Is it 1/4, 1/8, or 3/8?

Edited by MidCoast

Shouldn't have to do it with the Eskimo anchors; they go in great as is......can't speak for the Clam.

Eskimo also makes an adapter that slides over their anchor, and work with other brand anchors.It goes right into your drill chuck.Think they're about $12. I wouldn't pre-drill........

Edited by RebelSS

We were setting up hubs last weekend and had a pretty tough time with the clam anchors, even with the the adapter bit. If you do want to pre-drill use a bit almost the same size as the anchor, we were using a smaller bit and every time we we tried to screw the anchor in the ice around it would shatter and it wouldn't hold.