• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2014 F 150

I have a 2014 F150 with 7,000 miles on it, 3.6 engine and a 5 or 6 speed transmission.  When I slow to a near stop and then accelerate the transmission hesitates before the truck starts to accelerate.  I don't accelerate hard but there is a lag.  The transmission setup is such that you can't check the fluid level unless you get someplace under the truck.

Any idea if this is normal?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

Tom, lots of issues like that with the 6 spd tranny. My 2010 drove me batsh**, and still does somewhat, with it's shifting. Most noticeable (that I believe they finally "cured") was the fast 3-2-1 *BANG* downshift. First couple times I thought I'd been rear-ended. Mine finally "learned" my driving habits and was noticeably better around the 6-7000 mile mark. I'm not sure on the 2014's, but I know on mine at least they would reflash the 'puter, fixing some of the issues. The Ecoboost does have issues like that, generally a hard 1-2 upshift.  Head for some of the F150 forums on line, you aren't the only one. Not sure if there's a TSB on that one or not, might wanna talk to 'em and see if a reflash is possible, if it's really bad. Goodluck!

Okay, don't want to be smart guy ,  but I have been driving a 2013 Tahoe,   sometimes a couple thousand miles at a trip,   and now up to 40,000 miles, and all I've ever done is rotate the tires (Michelin's) and change the oil. Nothing has broken, quit, hesitated or made me nervous. Has never been in the shop for any reason.  There truly is something special about Tahoe's.  My second one and they have both been pretty dam reliable rigs.

Edited by Ufatz
nonsensical edit