• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quick question - Thunderheads for turkeys?

BoxMN

I think this has likely come up before, but are fixed blade like the Thunderheads good enough for me to shoot turkeys with? I use 100 grain, and now have access to area where the landowner wants some turkeys and coyotes taken if possible. Not sure how I will do, but want to give it a try. Thanks.

With a perfect hit, Thunderheads work great. The vitals on a turkey are quite small, therefore I recommend a large three blade mechanical for a better chance of sealing the deal.  The wounding rate of turkeys with archery tackle is extreme, take every advantage you can.

Box,

I shot a tom two years ago with the gobbler getter and it did great.  Knocked him right off of his feet, he stood back up, ran 20 feet, and went down for good.  This past year I tried the Magnus Bullheads and I'll be switching back to the NAP heads for this spring.  My experience is admittedly limited with them, but I was impressed.