• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MSAA State 3D

DonBo

Not me.  I love to shoot, but I don't care to compete when I do it.  I wish I could get the itch to do this, but I just can't.  I shoot plenty and am proficient, but I know I'd be better with my weapon if I competed.  Oh well, I guess it's just the way my goofy head is wired...

DonBo, and anyone else who goes, good luck!!!

@Scoot. Most 3D shoots are not at all like competition archery. You just walk through the woods with a couple of your friends and shoot really cool targets. The competition is at the end when scores are posted. Don't want your score posted? Don't turn it in. It's loads of fun, and you are missing out on a great way to spend a day. AND there's no better practice for October than shooting realistic targets under (mostly) realistic hunting conditions. Ryan would love it!

Not your thing? I get it, but give it a shot (pun intended) just once and you might change your mind.

I know you're right, DonBo.  I set up targets at home and do a mini-version of this on my own quite often.  I'm trying to find inexpensive targets all the time to add to my tiny collection.  I'd like to get enough so I can get Ryan and a couple buddies doing it at home.  I may have to bite the bullet for Ryan's sake though- you're definitely right, he would love it! 

Final results are not in yet, but I believe I took 3rd place in the Senior FS division. If not for vastly overestimation one shot, and getting a zero :( I would have taken second place.

Fun shoot, good people, GREAT weather!