• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 8 - Snood U

Cheetah

I head out tomorrow am, see what happens - they shot 3 birds between fri and sat last week where i am going. Still have back up spots and should be able to put something together. Sounds like a rainy forecast.....oh well. Back to work thurs and off friday. Will report, sounds like the dumb private land birds are in the freezer - guess i will have to outsmart the wise ones! 870 is ready!

Hunted last night and had one gobble near me but never came out. Called a hen to the field a bit later.

This morning no gobbles. Hens are in the valley below me. Hoping something comes by. Rain coming soon.

Nothing doing for me, had a couple small toms around yesterday and they could care less about my calls. My main spot has been a complete bust, dunno if they killed em off last week or what. Might go in the rain tomorrow at a last ditch effort in a new spot, otherwise about ready to throw in the towel......No complaints, had a great time afield!

I've been hunting in the rain here. Sat through a bad downpour yesterday but the blind kept me dry. The property I started in has only a few hens on it. Got permission a mile over on a great spot but the birds are in a valley over the fence. Had 7 hens come out this morning. Heard a gobble behind me a little while ago. Sitting through more rain now and hoping they come back out to the fields in the next couple hours before I decide to pack it up.

After the rain stopped yesterday morning I walked the field edge to see if I could spot any birds before I packed it up. Looking out across the valley onto the next farm I could see 20 birds out in one of their fields...

Better luck next year I guess.

Here is a nice photo from the weekend.

P1030824.jpg

All a person can do it try guys.

The turkeys have had my number for most of the last 15 years. I didn't even hunt some of those years due to frustration. LOL

Slowly the tide is changing in my favor. grin

With the weather straightening out for the next few days, I would think those soaking wet toms would be active.

Brian