• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fur prices

Wow. Just read on another site that prices are dismal at best. Have not sold anything yet but certainly not looking forward to it. Predicting a recession for the Russian economy and that will keep a lid on fur prices I would presume. Like many others I trap because I enjoy it, the money is just "icing on the cake ". Will post our averages for everything when we do sell.

It may come down to only China and Japan purchasing furs. Unless Russian furs are in very short supply, or country is willing to spend money.

I pulled what I had left of traps after have several disappear or sets damaged. I guess guys around Buffalo area will do anything reduce other trappers. Mine was more to show a kids from inner city how trapping works. From setting of the traps to harvest and selling the furs in Willmar area. though there was little money made. several kids at the least, learn the real truth about fur trading.

I have asked a fur buyer about my purchase of whole mink, in carcess. So far have not been given a price. I would assume $30.00 would be about right. Looking to mount a couple mink.

China is the main player in the world fur market because of the cheap manufacturing labor but also are among the largest end users along with the Russians, the Japanese have been using more fur in recent years but they are more of a end buyer market.

Whole lot of problems in the fur market right now as far as price levels (nothing new) Chinese import taxes, world ranch mink glut, strong dollar, oil prices (Russian problem).

Only thing that is a up market right now is western coyotes for the trim trade. First large Canadian auctions will give a better idea of where things are at but most fur is going to have a tough time for most likely the next couple years.

Hopefully ranch mink will sell well for decent prices that will help some articles, if the Koreans get back in the market this year it could help the rat prices if ranch mink don't go to cheap.

Good luck selling your fur to those who haven't, its going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. On the plus side fur is still in fashion in many parts of the world so things haven't totally tanked.

Sold today, Rats. Put up - $3.50. Coon. Green. - $9.50. Fox. Put up. - $34.00

Coyotes put up. - $32.00. Mink put up. - $15.00 bucks. Beaver put up. - $15.00

Rats have really fallen off the grid here recently. The buyer said he has been very busy with new customers, but said the outlook is not very bright. Pleasantly Surprised at the price for fox and Coyotes. Looking forward to next season already