• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fish Head

Devils Lake - Advice

Hey guys- I'm headed to Devils Lake for the first time ever Dec 21-22. Looking for 2 full days of fishing and 1 or 2 nights lodging. 2-4 guys and we don't have our own fish house...just bringing our rods and tackle, so we're looking for a house to fish in and lodging. I'm looking for the best fishing possible, but I'd rather save a little money on the lodging if we can. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks in advance!

the cheapest lodging is probably the Davis Motel. They have some rooms you can cook in too, most dog friendly motel ever although I know you won't bring dogs.

Davis motel is a good place! the kitchens are nice and they come fully stocked. Beds arent the best but after fishing all day you should be able to sleep no problem!

I've used Ed's before. I was not impressed. It felt as though he was out fishing with his buddies, and we paid to tag along. He brought us to a community hole with people everywhere, drilled two holes for each client, and we sat there, not catching much of anything. It got to the point where I asked one of the people out there fishing if I could use their auger to drill holes, because he was off in the distance fishing with his buddies. I don't really want to say that fishing with him cost us fish, but it certainly didn't help us catch any.

He is an extremely nice guy and runs a great bait shop, I was just felt as if he put the minimum amount of effort possible in guiding us.

I should also mention this was a few years ago and he was just starting out. It could also be that he was used to people just happy to catch a few fish and not the "hole hopping, auger doesn't get set down until we find a huge active school" type of fisherman that me and my buddy happen to be.

I ended up booking with Big John. Hopefully the fish will cooperate.

Thanks for the advice, and Happy Holidays!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• the contractor put a piece of trim that drops down into the gutter. So that style will not work. I had them on before I did the metal roof and they worked well.
    • I like harvesting and eating the pheasant backs! I need to get out and find some. Congrats on adding a new mushroom to your ediable list!
    • I know there has been lots of lift discussions in the past on here. Especially the guys building their own houses. Saw this today and it looks pretty slick:   https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=414635765755766&id=541312869277226&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fyettifishhouse%2Fvideos%2F414635765755766%2F&_rdr
    • How do we know BD2 hasn't been Hacked and this isn't some Spam thread like the rest that posts links?  Code question: What is your favorite grilling fuel?  🤔
    • Got this in my email today. Click on the link and take the survey.     http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTkwNTIyLjYxNzA1MzEmbWVzc2FnZWlkPU1EQi1QUkQtQlVMLTIwMTkwNTIyLjYxNzA1MzEmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xNzYxNDI0NiZlbWFpbGlkPWRhdmlkdzg3M0BnbWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWRhdmlkdzg3M0BnbWFpbC5jb20mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&100&&&https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fishingAIS?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
    • i'm currently wondering if my plants arent gonna drowned!😣   cheese and crackers!!!!!!!!!!! man its wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sure we will be begging for some of this in july and august!
    • Everything seems to be OK here.
    • I ordered a Somerset  grape vine last spring. Mainly because it is the only seedless grape that is supposed to be hardy enough to grow here. I took it off the wire and laid it down and covered it up with dirt to keep it from winter killing. It came through fine. Just put it back on the trellis yesterday.
    • I put these on about 6 years ago and have never had to clean out the gutters with 5 Maple trees in my yard. And their cheap!    LB Plastics 3' Brown Filtered Vinyl Gutter Cover Model Number: 1585124 Menards® SKU: 1585124 $1.97 each Variation: Brown
    • I like to pick the smaller ones as they are not as woody.  I slice thin cuts off the outside edges and throw the center, batter and fry them.  Yuum! 😋