• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds around Sauk Centre?

Wondering if anyone has hunted the Sauk Centre are this season? If so, what's the report? Any success? I hunted that area a few years ago, and found more birds than I thought I would. Not a typical spot in Minnesota to think to go for pheasants, but wondering if anyone has seen or heard the same thing, about a good bird population up there. Thanks.

There's still a few, but they're far and few between these days. If you see 5 birds hunting hard all day, you're doing good.

^ This. I haven't hunted it in a while (we have family farms there), but it was OK. I think its less than that now with a lot of CRP land getting plowed under.

Just my opinion.

I passed through sauk centre yesterday and saw a few birds along the road. There were 2 roosters and 4 hens standing next to a grassy area no larger than the footprint of my house. It was surrounded by plowed ground for as far as the eye could see. This area lost a ton of habitat in recent years and I've seen more evidence of additional tiling so more is going away.