• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What flasher(s) play well with a Marcum LX7?

Portlis

Pretty simple question, hoping some of you that are more experienced with flashers can give some advice.

I already own an LX7 (love it, btw) but I've managed to get more of my friends into ice fishing the past couple years and I'm tired of being the nice guy and letting them use my flasher, thus going flasherless myself smile

If you owned an LX7, what brand/model would you be looking to buy to fish them side by side? Doesn't need to be a super fancy model or anything either, but I've experienced interference from other nearby flashers before and I want to avoid that at all costs.

Thanks!

From what I understand Humminbird runs on a different frequency than vex and Marcum. I have an ICE-55 and a LX-5. I use both of them in my flip over all of the time. Not even a little bit of interference on either of them when they are running side by side. I have a buddy that turns his is ICE-35 on next to my ICE-55 and I can never clear it up perfectly. There's always a flash constantly going clockwise around the screen. It drives me crazy, but it doesn't bother him. I bought the LX-5 just so we can fish next to each other and I have a different option depending on what my fishing partner is running.

I suggest getting a vexilar and run the risk of a bit of interference now and again. It is a better tool for marking fish immediately under the ice.

Uhhhh NO.

All have some type of noise/signal rejection built in, but Humminbird uses a different frequency so it isn't an issue at all. I have an HB and fish next to Marcum's, Vex's, and even a Lowrance Ice Machine all the time w/out any issues.