• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
crappie55409

Sunflower heater wont stay lit

it will not stay lit. i have to use a zip tie to hold down the button so it stays one. i had this problem with an old sunflower heater before i borrowed it to my buddy. well he broke it and so replaced it with a brand new one. that one does the same thing. is this just an issue with these things? its a cheap source of heat and it will work with the zip tie but its really annoying. anyone else have this problem?

If it isn't brand new I would say you have a bad thermocouple. If it is brand new your thermocouple may need to be shortened or made longer. This can be done by adjusting the nut on it

Sounds like a bad thermocouple, cheap fix. Is the flame from the pilot reaching the thermocouple? It's a little rod that sticks up by the pilot flame. If the flame is not touching the thermocouple, then u can adjust it. If the pilot flame is hitting it, then more than likely a bad thermocouple. Should be a very inexpensive repair.

I just turn my heater down so the button gets pushed in by the tank. And then tighten the nut up. Will stay lit all the time and it by passes the thermo coupler.

I've been using a vice grip for about a year, few weeks ago I crushed the button, and now it don't need the vice grip. Saweeet!!

I agree with others though. Thermocouple.

Harvey, sunflower heater, no pilot