• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree stand

I have a couple of them and like them because of their portability. Rarely use them packed up as in the picture, but a guy can break them into a couple pieces and and carry them 1/4 mile pretty easy. I move mine a couple hundred feet whole when I need to move them to get a little closer to where I'm seeing deer. The platforms are tiny. I shoot sitting and usually set them up where I can do so easily and turn to my right to draw easily with my right arm. Good luck.

39 pounds and it only gets you up 13 feet???

Most climbers weigh half that and you can hunt twice as high.... confused

Not to mention the comfort factor of many climbers as well?

Not to be a Debby Downer, but imo that stand makes zero sense as a carry in/carry out stand.

39 pounds and it only gets you up 13 feet???

Most climbers weigh half that and you can hunt twice as high.... confused

Not to mention the comfort factor of many climbers as well?

Not to be a Debby Downer, but imo that stand makes zero sense as a carry in/carry out stand.

100% agree. There is no reason to carry 39lbs in and out of the woods. There are many options that are better suited for mobile hunting. I'd suggest a nice climber (Summit or Lone Wolf) or a nice hang on stand (Millenium or Lone Wolf have nice) with good sticks (lone wolf or similar) or tree steps. Both will get you up over 13', with more comfort, and under 20lbs.

*This isn't a knock on ladder stands, they have their place, its just in one spot where you never have to move them.

Climbers are very limited due to tree sizes. Maybe down in the hardwood forests there are many options, but up north finding that perfect tree to set up in with a climber is a lot of times not easy. This stand is perfect for that skinnier aspen butted up to a cluster of balsam fir or that balsam/spruce tree that is perfect for a stand but would require a ton of illegal pruning to use a climber in.