• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bassfshin24

Roy lake in late August?

I'm heading to Roy Lake Labor Day weekend. I haven't fished there since I was in high school and don't actually remember anything about it. Heading there for bass...any tips people can give me would be great. Are there deep rocks on the lake or good weedlines?

i cant help you much as I am not very familiar with the lake. However I can share this lake map with you courtesy of the SD GFP: LINKY

good luck

I've had better luck on Clear Lake just East of there. I usually fish there the end of Sept and early Spring. Drop shot rig and Dt-10's worked best for us. Club Eden is a good watering hole and Charlie's has good prime rib.

Alot of weed lines on both lakes with good points if you want bass those 2 are the lakes to go to. Keep everyone you catch the locals hate them .

I know they are both great for bass and know Clear is a better smallie lake. I'm excited to get up there. I haven't been up there in 10 years or so. I think Ill release every bass I catch ;-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• One crazy story while up in LOTW...  When you fish a week up there for Muskies something pretty crazy will happen but this year was among the most fascinating experiences that I have had.... We are fishing a weedy spot on an Island and all of the sudden I see a tanker swimming parallel to the boat about 10 yards out (BTW, I have never seen that up in LOTW before).  First I thought I was seeing things, took a second and third look and then yelled "there is a huge Musky swimming out in front of us".  The Musky went straight to my brothers Top Raider and hammered it!  All of us saw it.  My brother fought it for a while and it shook free.      So this experience got me thinking if the Muskies are really turned on can their strike zones be that large?  I am estimate that fish swam more that 10 yards to intersect with that bait!  Maybe it was just cruising and by luck it happened?  I sure seemed that the Musky was focused on eating that Top Raider .... so maybe the Strike Zone is that large or much larger than I thought...
    • The whitewater rafting was decent.  Low level class 1-3 but still enjoyable.  River and Trail Outfitters at Harpers Ferry.  Now sitting in the Guide House, a local favorite established by one of the veteran rafting guides.  Having a Duck Rabbit Brewery Milk Stout and ready to dig in to a fine bowl of crab mac.   Yes. Yes I did fall out of the raft in one of the rapids.  It’s was pretty fun!
    • How many people are still fishing out of a 14 foot Lund?  
    • Seems kinda pointless for about 99.9999% of people that are just fishing some dumb lake in their 14 foot lund.   
    • Whats everyone's thoughts on this new feature? https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post/ais-in-the-boating-app/  
    • What you are doing is even better than what they hope to achieve with the law. I do the same thing. My minnows never see lake water while in my possession except while riding on a hook. It is not possible to transfer invasives via my minnows or minnow container unless they came from the bait shop and the result would be same either way.   This brings up a good question. Aren't minnows trapped in lakes and streams? They could contain microscopic versions of invasive species and therefore be responsible for transporting them to every lake where the minnows are used. Even those raised in rearing ponds are potential threats if the rearing ponds become infected.   Unfortunately, it is impractical (not impossible) for a CO to know that my minnows have not been in the lake. He would have to take my word for it. As a result, unless they catch me taking my aerated minnow cooler from my boat to my truck, ....  
    • I see they got Eddie & Cron back last night but now Buxton's out again. It didn't help though as they played a sloppy game & beat themselves.
    • Work related travel.  Never been to the northeast before and wanted to experience it as much as possible so I drove and took a couple extra days.   Original plans had me touring some stuff in the DC area but its been a little more difficult and expensive to wander about than I’d hoped.   Get me to some water!!!
    • Most of the fish I've caught out of the abyss were caught just above the thermocline or high in the water column (1'-15' down). A friend of mine once caught a 31" hog walleye on a top raider over 100'+ of water. That's just one of the many hogs to come into my boat that were 0'-5' under the surface in mega deep water. So, keep your lures above the kill zone on slot lakes and you'll still get bit.
    • To young to be retired whats up with all this Wandering?  Didn't you just come back from Musky fishering? 🤔