• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6 Gig gigapixel image of the Badlands in ND

Hi All, I just finished up the 1st of 15 gigapixel panorama shots. This one has 465 images all taken with canon 70D, 100-400L, Circular Polarizer, Gigapan Epic Pro, Manfroto Tripod, 3 cans of Moutain Dew, a Ham Sandwich and a nice book to read while it shot. Time to shoot, about 48 minutes. CC welcome You will have to click the link to view it on Gigapan . com HSOforum as this site wont allow a 6gig upload for some reason. smile

Teddy Roosevelt National park Gigapan Image

Here is Cropped Version

TRNP Gigapan Image 2

Eyeguy, THis shot is done using a motorized device that you put your camera on, and then set your left Upper Limit, and then your right lower limit, and go to town. Prior to that you teach it your lens. I have one image that is comprised of 1546 total images, on a huge panoramic. I haven't completed that one yet but when I do I will post a link. The whole point is to have a panoramic image of such detail that you can zoom in and see the tiniest of details while you zoom out you still get amazing depth and detail. If you go to gigapan.com you will learn more about it. Its a very expensive piece of machinery so I rented it, to see if I like it. Its pretty cool, but I don't see my self using it daily so the $1000 price tag will have to hold off. I shot most of my panoramics with a 100-400L zoom lens zoomed in to 300-350 mm, I did a couple with my 10-24mm tamaron set at 14mm and those are really really long but not much detail if you zoom in.