• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hyland lake

When I lived in Bloomington in the mid 90's I used to fish there quite a bit. The numbers were good but there was a big fish kill the year before I started fishing it and so the biggest I ever got was 19" with most in the 2lb range. I am sure it has gotten better. Plus there is always a chance at a bonus Tigerski.

When I worked Blm'ton I would swing out to Hyland and fish it. Basspastor is correct it was hit with a hard kill, the fishing should have come back by now. Have you tried Normandale lake? At 84th and Normandale, the first couple of years it was impounded the bass and crappie fishing was pretty good. In all the years down there I still think Bush lake had the best bass fishing in Blm'ton. But now that I'm up here in Alexandria, all the lakes seem to have good bass fishing with some having GREAT bass fishing... Oh!!! how I pray for soft water...

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

I was fishing off the dock at Highland, couldn't catch anything worth reeling in. Seems to be way too many small sunfish with nothing eating them, though I did see a huge musky/pike swallow a smallish adult duck last summer. Just happened to be looking in the right direction at the right time. It happened straight out from the landing, in line with the horizontal orientation of the dock. That was a sight.

The problems I've had with Normandale are again the small sunfish, and the fact that fish, even bass, don't want to bite at times. I think Normandale was affected this year because of the low water levels, and the fish couldn't move around as much as normal. But next year should be better.

fp

------------------
"Cast riiiiight....there."

Has anyone fished Hyland lake for bass.I fish it all the time and it is awsome.I catch big bass just off the docks.I use rattle traps alot.I also use jigs and worms.There are some big bass in there.

Hyland is a really good bass lake. I grew up in Bloomington and used to fish it a lot. Most people go to Bush because it seem to be more available and easier to get too. Guess there have been a lot of nice bass pulled from Bush this winter