• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris 250 Value

givetoget

Hey all, I am looking for a rough or ball park value for a Polaris 250 4x4. It is in rough shape, and you can see a lack of good up keep. Starts very easy with pull start. But one tire has a big cut and flat others are all age cracked, needs new battery,makes noise in right front when driving forward, motor mount broke leaks exhaust bad where the collector is, sounds a little loud like baffles are rusted out. And probably never had belt changed. Plus a few other the that, well caught my attention. But does run and goes into 4x4, my son has been driving it around the yard.

It would be a learning project for my son more than anything.

Any thoughts on value, are friend (owner) wants to know if were interested in a couple days. Thanks

these older Polaris models are just a constant maintenance battle, not really that they break down more. just a lot of upkeep and they have some old designs that have been upgraded 2 or 3 times since then.

Then most importantly, the front drive system for the 4x4 is a total nightmare. Its a chain drive (later years upgraded to shaft) I wouldn't buy a front chain drive machine even it was new off the showroom floor, and Polaris gave me a lifetime warranty.

this machine sounds like a potential headache/money pit to me I would pass even if you can get it for free its not worth the $$$ in parts to get it up and running.