• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arrow rest question

Has anyone used a Diamond hostage capture rest?

I'm looking at replacing my 2 prong. I've had issues with it since I got the bow 12+ years ago.

I've been thinking about getting a whisker biscuit, but then I was reading a post on here not to get a whisker biscuit and to get a drop away.

I was looking at a QAD ultra-rest. I don't have a clue which way to go.

I have a pendulum site (2 pins).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm kind of lost at this point.

Nathan

I currently have it on my bow, but just ordered a QAD rest. It seemed to work just fine with regular diameter arrows, but I am going to be using small diameter arrows for hunting and while practicing they seemed to move around a lot in this rest. The brushes have worn down a fair amount which seems to be very common with this rest, so maybe if I changed the brushes I would get better consistency with my SD arrows.

It seemed to do the job just fine for me with regular arrows, but I would expect to be changing brushes fairly often if you shoot a lot.

I love my drop away, and it captures the arrow. Many good ones out there. The whisker biscuit is reliable but does add a little drag on the arrow, you will lose a few feet per second because of it. That is not the reason you won't get a deer. It comes down to personal preference.

QAD drop away for the wife and I.

She shot a hostage for a couple of years, groups are much tighter with the drop away, absolutely no arrow contact after release.

Whatever you can shoot with straight, do it.