• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

19 foot garage... Boat size?

bgreen82

Willing to rearrange garage, wife has given permission to turn a boat diagonal to fit. Garage goes 19' × 17.5'. I know, tiny! I fit my 14 foot alumacraft with 15 hp, no swing tongue obviously straight in with a foot to spare. Realistically, what could I fit diagonally in here?

Look at what you would like to get, go to that boat's HSOforum and see what the total length of boat, motor and trailer is to see what will fit. Know also it is not easy swinging a 17-18' boat around by hand once you get it in. Look at the possibility of getting a dolly that would help you swivel the boat once inside. Hopefully everything works out well for you.

Diagonally you have close to 26ft corner to corner.The width of the stern makes a difference it wont go to a corner but I bet a 18 fter 8ft wide would fit tight but in diagonally only.My self I'd build a new garage.I assume your garage at that size is old.Addon length wise or build new to the max deminsions.

Wife is currently sanding and painting multiple items in garage so moving boat around wont work right now, trust me that is what I'd like to do. We're heading out to look at a 1777 aggressor today... Will check all measurements. Can't really alter garage as it is a townhouse rental :-(. We'd store it at my folks house in winter to park in garage then. We'll see. I'm thinking the aggressor at 17'10" will be pushing it but possible. No way I'm getting a boat I don't want because of a garage that wont fit it...

I probably went just short of 10 years of taking the tongue of off my Shorelander trailer every time I was done using it in a single stall garage. There was no way to move it around and it was a huge pain in the area half way between my foot and my shoulder. Sold the house and bought one that could handle my boat and truck.