• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HECS suit

eyeguy, please, please promise me you won't waste your money on this.

100% complete and total gimmick! This is a perfect example of: 1) take a cool idea, 2) add some pictures and marketing, 3) completely misuse scientific/medical information to supposedly support the idea behind your product, and 4) take money from people who fall in love with the science/idea of it.

Gimmick and waste of money...

I don't know, Scoot, the guy I saw shoot an elk over the weekend on a hunting show swore up and down that the only reason he got the bull was because of his HECS suit! It's hard to argue with results wink

The web site said that turkeys can see your electromagnetic field through a ground blind, even. That probably explains we had trouble getting those turkeys this spring that last 6 yards in to the blind!

In all seriousness I certainly wouldn't waste my money on one. I'd have to believe that an investment of $2.00 into a puff bottle for checking wind would yield much better results.

I'd have to believe that an investment of $2.00 into a puff bottle for checking wind would yield much better results.

Forget the bottle, pick some milkweed and find out what the wind is really doing. I have a few spots where the wind really swirls and that stuff can really pinpoint where my scent is going. I wouldn't enter the woods without it. Oh and it grows everywhere and is perfectly free. grin

Forget the bottle, pick some milkweed and find out what the wind is really doing. I have a few spots where the wind really swirls and that stuff can really pinpoint where my scent is going. I wouldn't enter the woods without it. Oh and it grows everywhere and is perfectly free. grin

Good point! Where I hunt there is no milk weed to be found, though. I plan on hunting a little down here in the metro this fall so I'll have to grab a few pods.

Good point! Where I hunt there is no milk weed to be found, though. I plan on hunting a little down here in the metro this fall so I'll have to grab a few pods.
Just think NoWiser. After a few years of using milkweed seed in your hunting area, it will be growing all over the place!

Just think NoWiser. After a few years of using milkweed seed in your hunting area, it will be growing all over the place!

Ha ha! I meant to say that I'll use the milkweed while hunting down here. I'll still use the powder up north.

It's been too long since I hunted, my mind is getting a little slow. Only 10 weeks until bowhunting resumes!!!

I had never heard of this suit until now. Just went to their web site and read some of the claims. I can't say one way or another, I think the suit's intended results "may" be in the plausible category. Similar to the ozone generator of a few years ago. People were skeptic then but not now. However, you can present evidence that the ozone generator works to mask scent. Presenting evidence of masked electromagnetic waves that would otherwise spook deer is another thing. For my scarce dollars, I will invest in something else first. I'm not dismissing the theory, just not yet convinced I really need it. Hopefully the entreprenuers of the suit can make a go of it, I'm wishing them well. For the sportsman that has it all and can afford it, why not.