• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seresto arrived

leechlake

My dogs Seresto collars arrived the other day. They look sturdy enough to not fall off for eight months and we are leaving for cabin today and the collars have been on for three full days. We'll see if they work.

While they are spendy at $40 each the math says they are cheaper than frontline or similar. They come in a fancy tin container, very impressive but save me a few bucks and nix the fancy presentation IMHO.

Will report back on how they work.

Regardless of price, I'm sticking with k9 advantix II. Have had excellent luck with it. Ran out last year, and vet only had frontline. Long story short, after a 3 week course of doxycycline, she is back on K9!

here's my update after four days at cabin. Of the two dogs I found one tick. It was almost between hips on his back. The dogs spent every day outside laying around while we were either fishing or working on some thing so they did spend a ton of time in tick territory. I found a few ticks on me crawling, may need to start wearing a collar.

after two weeks one dog has had zero ticks found on her and our golden we did find three total. My wife picked two of them and didn't look to see if they were dead or not. The dogs had spent about 4 days in tick territory and the balance in their tick free suburban environment. Heading back up to tick territory this afternoon through Sunday and we will do some further investigative reporting on the Seresto.

Put this collar on my Springer the first week of May. Spent the last two weeks in Cass County hunting Morels. My experience so far is it does not repel ticks, but does kill them after a time. Would brush her out every day when back at the cabin. I would find 10-15 ticks (or more) each brushing. Some attached, which were both alive & dead. She sleeps with me and found quite a few dead ones on the bed spread too each morning. Was hoping it would repel them. )-: I have tried both Frontline and Advantix, with similar results. I know Advantix is supposed to repel also, but like I said I would find many ticks using that too. The cabin is on a lake, so she is in the water pretty much each day, so if I get five months out of it, I won't complain, so may use again next year, but the jury is still out. I thought maybe I had the collar too loose, so I tightened it some, but don't know if it made any difference yet. Nice not having to apply each month like Frontline & Advangtix.