• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New $5 bird feeder and a new bird in my yard today.

MN Shutterbug

I found the plans for this feeder and painted it orange because I'll be using it for just orioles when they get here. However, I figured I should test it out first to make sure the larger birds wouldn't tip it too much. It works well, especially for my investment.

I saw this little birdie out the window and knew right away it was a bird I hadn't seen before. it was a little larger than a large sparrow and figured it was some kind of thrush. I went to All About Birds and all indications point to it being a Hermit Thrush.

Does the roof thing actually do much?

Sure it does, whenever the rain comes straight down, which it practically never does. grin I'm thinking it would probably swing in the wind a lot more if a person just ran chain from the 4 corners of the muffin tin to the top. If nothing else, for the extra buck, it looks more like a feeder than just a muffin tin hanging. wink