• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

selling alum boat and looking at a skeeter wx1900 questions

weld1

current boat getting picked up tomorrow! so we are looking at a skeeter wx1900. anyone have any experience in one of these? mostly do they ride nice and are they ok in rough water? never owned a glass boat but this one will be. are there any other brands/models similar that I should be looking at? thanks for any help!

current boat getting picked up tomorrow! so we are looking at a skeeter wx1900. anyone have any experience in one of these? mostly do they ride nice and are they ok in rough water? never owned a glass boat but this one will be. are there any other brands/models similar that I should be looking at? thanks for any help!

Glass boats are a little heavier and are one of the best riding boats in rough water you will find. They do take a little bigger motor to push them around though. wink

My only advice, if you go with the 1900, max it out. Had an 1850, similar, yet slightly different hulls. Could only put a 150 on it. Both of those hulls need a 200, IMO, and the 1900 will accept it. Good luck

ok great thanks for the info, we were looking at the mx1825 also, that will take a 200 as well, anyone have any experience with a stratos 386? saw one today at the big C with the new F200 yama. for the price it looks like a pretty decent boat!

My advice, go to Skeeter Boat Center in either Eau Claire or Ramsey. Explain to them what you're looking for and take each for a spin. Skeeter's may not be Rangers, but SBC' customer service is second to none! I love my new Lund Pro V, but I really miss the customer service I had a SBC...My next boat will likely be from them again...Even if the Stratos measured up to a comparable Skeeter for less $$, I'd go Skeeter via SBC simply for the customer service. They will make sure you are happy with your new rig. btw, the Stratos doesn't measure up to the Skeeter...I've got friend with a Stratos...nice enough boat, but it's cheaper for a reason. Good luck and happy boat hunting!

we went with the skeeter mx1825 w 200 4stroke. very beautiful boat!! stopped at SBC in ramsey being its 3miles from our house but after shoping a bit bought at a different dealer. they were nice for the most part but there price was way high!! cant wait!!

we went with the skeeter mx1825 w 200 4stroke. very beautiful boat!! stopped at SBC in ramsey being its 3miles from our house but after shoping a bit bought at a different dealer. they were nice for the most part but there price was way high!! cant wait!!

When you say their price was "way high", are you comparing apples to apples?? They have a low price guarantee, and have always been known for the best price around. Too bad you didn't mention you could buy it from Dealer X with this and that optioins...I guarentee they would have beat that price. I believe there service would be worth paying more for, but that's not how they operate...You are THE first person I've ever heard say SBC's price higher than others. Three miles down the road?!?! That's worth something right there. Nice thing about them, if you have issues and need service and have troubles with original dealer, they'll take care of you..I know of Skeeter owners from out of state that had problems with their dealers / service that SBC happily took care of....Enjoy the mx...good choice with motors!