• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

E-Tec oil reservoir leaking

3pronghook

I have an 04 ETec 50 tiller that the oil reservoir is leaking. its cracked along the fused seam. ive patched it once but its worse now. ive researched and this seems to be an issue others have had also. any one know if I remove the tank and disconnect all the hoses/systems and either repair or replace can I just hook everything back up and im good to go? im wondering if there is risk of losing prime or if ill have to bleed air? any help is appreciated. thank you

I'm 2 for 2 on e-tec problems!!!

I had the oil tank leak on a 2005 75 hp previous winter and now when getting the small boat out of storage I noticed several cracks and leaking from my 2009 25hp e-tec… missed opener due to vacation now this…

Lots of web chatter about this problem. No longer under warranty I was told. There should have been a recall. It's not like that is a moving part where there could be wear and tear by the owner….

Sorry for venting, but all e-tec owners should take a close look at their tank under the cowling! Before you have a fishing trip ruined...

i was able to track down a new tank. all big dealerships from brainerd to grand rapids weren't much help. was told by them that I absolutely had to reprogram motor and couldn't do it myself. one dealer was able to get the updated part number but had to order and wouldn't order unless I confirmed it was the right one. that why im asking them? I was told to check hansons on bay lake and although skeptical the kid not only knew the problem actually had two in stock! also said as long as I wasn't changing the pump no programming needed. He told me how to sequence my tiller motor to run in winterize mode o first start up which will pump more oil into motor which I did and now all is well. 80 bucks and no more leaks. good luck

that is a problem with e-tech hard find any you can trust when it comes to fixing ....i bet the one that ask if it was the right part were the guy

at the power lodge in brainerd

i talked to a guy down in cold spring that might be up to speed