• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone have a Clam screen tent?

h8go4s

Do you own a hub house? I certainly hear ya on the price. While have never used that screen tent in particular, have used hubs for camping, especially the insulated early in the year. It is usually a heckuva lot more sheltered in the woods than out on the ice and can't see any issues unless you leave it up when those bow echoes or crazy straight lines role through.

I don't own one, but last fall was camping on the English River next to a couple guys who had one and I got a good look at the performance of this unit. Almost the whole time we were there we had to deal with frequent storms and high wind 20 - 25 MPH and the screen house held up. A nice feature about the Clam is the walls that you can get. They provide an excellent wind break which helps during rain and wind which usually render screen tents useless until the rain or wind stops. The Clam tent in on my buy list for the up-coming camping season.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I looked at it at the Sportshow today and will probably pull the trigger once spring actually arrives. It's on a "show special" for $249.99, but I also found it online for that price elsewhere, so didn't feel the need to rush into it. When the time comes, I'll go to my local sports store and see what they can do on price.

bought one last fall on a close out for 200. and used it a few times and so far its been great.

bought the side panels and it sure helped in the rain. as with hubs you will want to use guy ropes and get different camp stakes. those suck. unless they changed for the new models but the ones i got are useless. but the screen tent has been great.