• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alum. Bass Boats

delmuts

Fished a few times out of my friends 2013 Triton 18 footer and really liked it. It had a 115 Merc on it and it got up and went. A little noisier than glass but it rode really well. He did the same thing, downsized, that and he started to fish rivers a lot and felt more comfortable in tin than glass. Overall really nice boat.

I have a tracker pro team 165 and it works for me and my wife. I wish it had more storage though. If I had to do it over I would get an 18'. I think lowe's also came out with a new aluminum bass boat. Too bad lund doesn't make a bass boat, I talked to an engineer and they believe there's not a big enough market for them at this time.

I really like it. Here are the negatives with it: storage, could use a larger livewell(I don't use it much since I catch/release), bumpy ride in choppy conditions. I have a 40hp and it's enough power for me, and I switched the trolling motor to a 24 volt system. I normally fish small to medium sized lakes and I have used it on mille lacs. I would buy one again, just a longer one. I think there are some on here that has a tracker 175.

Quality is good, I've only had one leak issue and that was around the transducer mount on the transom.

Don't want to ruin anybodies fun, but do a lot of research on Tracker boats. We looked at one couple years back for the young anglers around the compound and after reading a LOT of reviews and check it all out the attractive lowball price did not seem as sweet as it did at first.

I know they are around and I know a lot of guys are on a tight budget-that's where tracker is trying to shine, but just go slow and do a lot of checking around.

Just so you'll know, couple years back they had severe cracking problems along the keel; dropping rivets and some open seams etc.

Dislike bad mouthing the boats because they do have a place in the market. Just be careful is all I advise.

Delmuts, if you are going from a Ranger to a Tracker its going to be a real shock in ride, fit and finish and quality. Just going from glass to aluminum is going to be step backward. My advice is before you buy take a ride in any boat to make sure you are going to be happy with what you purchase.

OOOOOOH I know it will be a BIG step down!! But the problem I run into is the small waters around my area are shallow and weedy. I had a alum boat years back. I want to use it on these places. On the river I will have to be more careful with waves, but will be able to get more use out of it. I fish out of a buddies 16 ft. flat bottom so know what I'm getting into. Thanks for the heads up thou! smile

I've looked at the Rangers.( where my heart is!) The 178 is around 24,ooo plus. Out of my price range. Been looking at used Triton 17. So far, most of them are down south. Can't get serious till I sell my Reata.