• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3 horse johnson

Schubie

I have a 1967 3 horse johnson that I don't use and is just getting in the way. I have not used if for many years. It has the self contained gas tank, lever for a throttle and turn the whole engine around for reverse. It is a fun little motor. I have researched and have not found what it may be worth. Do any of you have any insight?

Thanks

How does it run? How does it look? I looked on the electronic bay site and it looks like it is worth a few hundred, depending on condition.

See item numbers 251373471532 and 181282176147 or even 171242284042

Also there are some in "completed listings"

Thanks Del I will look at what you found. It ran great but that was many years ago. It is very clean but does have a golfball sized dent on the top. Has an extra shear pin and prop. I appreciate your efforts.

I can't imagine it's much more than a few hundred bucks top, even in good condition. I bought a '57 3hp for $25 the other year. Of course it needed some work but I doubt that I added much value to it. Those things are better for displaying at this point than anything and there are still a ton of them around.

You would be lucky to get 200. If it hasn't been ran in years there will surely be issues with getting it started. Maybe call Twin Cities Marine and see what they say. Put it on E Bay and see what ya get for it. If you knew it ran well 200 would be reachable to the right guy.

I would be happy with a few hundred. I will see if it starts this spring. That could be fun. Then see if I can part with it. It is better to have someone use it but I know I will have a hard time getting rid of it. Thanks guys.