• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How was everyones season

kt

With the end of open water bass fishing coming on fast, i was just wondering how everyone did this last year. Also what were some of your top fish catching techniques for the year. I personally had one of my best seasons. I caught more fish than i ever have before. I also caught more big fish than i ever had (fish over 19"). However, i didn't manage to beat my personal largest fish (21.5") this year, oh well always next year. I would have to say my top two methods were texas rigged plastics, especially tubes, and spinnerbaits. Looking forward to hearing how everyones season went.

kt

kt, cool topic. I did manage to get two fish over 20. This past season my best bait was for sure a flippin tube. It took all of my bigger fish. A large bait, bulky, big profile. I seem to enjoy each and every summer a little better than the last. Can`t wait till next year.

I caught the most bass i have ever caught in a summer this year. It helps that I had more opportunities this year too(got off work earlier!). Didn't get a lot of big fish but a lot of 16-17 inchers which are still good fish. Managed to catch a few 20's but my lake for big bass is not a secret anymore. Found a lot of new places to fish and mastered jig fishing. Also got into a fishing club which was really fun and interesting. Looking forward to next year.
bf

Not to bad, I could have done better.. My goal going in was to win a tournament this year... The last few years I was trying for consistancy, this year I was going for wins... I got 2.. so I was happy.

Jigs always are one of my top producers, I got a lot of fish on Pok-it-fry(similar to senko) and Dropshot really produced a lot of fish for me too...

I AM NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP YET!!!! come on indian summer!

my season started off great cashed a few checks then went straight down hill. july 13 my oil pump went out so i was out of comish for 3 weeks. after that ordeal i fun fished for the remainder and did very well catching my biggest bass ever 23" on tonka this fall. my best lures were jigs and crankbaits

My tournament season was not good for anything but convincing me that I need to get a boat. I got some nice fish and always seemed to catch something. I learned some new water which is always good. I learned a few new tricks (mostly pitching). Met some cool people and fished out of some nice boats.

Iw ill vouch for the '00! John is a first class guy that takes impeccable care of his equiptment! Without seeing his boat I can guarantee it looks like it is fresh from the show room floor!

MNBASS.....Do me a favor and tell John Cory says Hi! I knew him when he was the Little Debbie Guy! I learned a TON about Bass fishing from him!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

Cory John says hi and thanks for vouching for his boat. We are taking off for deer hunting in a couple of hours so we will be talking alot of fishing and hunting. Yeah I have learned alot from him too

[This message has been edited by mnbass2002 (edited 11-08-2002).]

My favorite techniques this year was a 1/4 oz. QUALITY Buzzbait with a medium blade or a large blade if I can throw it. Bigger blades and smaller weight makes buzzbaits go slower- The slower you can keep the bait on top the more quality fish you will catch.Also like a jig(Eakins) with a twin tail. Bass pro has some good plastics. XPS(I think)- found them on sale for about .99 and bought about 10 bags(I like 5 inch). I wish I bought about 30 packs.FLIP EM OR SWIM EM.

Not nearly long enough.
What a great season while it lasted busting smallmouth and great largemouth flipping was great. It was a good season for tournament weights with numerous big bags. Prior Lake just keeps putting out the huge weights some tournaments nearly needing a 5lb avg to take it all on 8 fish.

Le Homme Dieu weights up with two tournamets that took more than 25lbs to take it.

Hopefully next year will be an even bigger success!!!

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work