• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Fantasy points system? yes or no...

Here is what I am proposing.

*I'll be using 2012 fantasy league stats for the examples. *

Using Yahoo's fantasy system to generate weekly points. These weekly points will be basis for the new points system based on the number of teams. In 2012 we had 45 teams. The top points earner will receive 45 points and each position thereafter will receive one less point with last place receiving 1 point.

Those points are then added together to determine the points leader.

Three things that this accomplishes.

1. There will still be a weekly points winner.

2. It will make checking in to our league a little more important to see whats happening with the points and possibly generating a little more interest in congratulating weekly winners.

3. As we get towards the end of the year it will make predicting stats a little easier since we know what each position earns for points.

Let me explain number 3 a little better. With the current points system that we use with yahoo it is impossible to say what position first place needs to finish in in order to win the points championship or to get into a the chase since the amount of points earned could be anything from 0 to over 400 points. With the new points system the max points for first is 45 and the least points is 1.

So lets say for example the first place team has 100 points and the second place team has 90 points. We know that first place will have to finish in 11 place to tie (11th place earns 35 points) and 10 place to win (10th place earns 36 points) because the maximum points second place can earn is 45 which would give them 135 points.

What do you think?

Here's a link to the points from 2012 based on the new points system. It is about half complete and I will update as I get it done.

Fantasy 2012 new points

Green fields are the weekly winners, yellow fields are the points leaders.